Airfields Home

Acaster Malbis
 53.8789 , -1.12417

Bomber Command Index

Opened as a fighter station in 1942 it was a satellite to Church Fenton. It was soon realised that the airfield was unsuitable due to its closeness to the river Ouse and the mists encountered. The fighter unit moved out and a training unit moved in. Again due to high losses the airfield was closed in 1943 and from then on only used for circuit training and bomb storage. The station shut completely in 1946.